A BIT ABOUT THE CHARITY BLOG


Each year, me and my wife Hazel have decided to help a Charity, by donating 25p every goal we see at the matches we attend. Over the years, people and clubs have also donated as we have visited the grounds and we have raised over £2,300 in the 3 seasons we have run the Blog.
During the 2014-15 season, we are supporting "Support Dogs" who train Dogs to transform lives of people with Autism and other disabilities. So if you would like to make a donation(no matter how small) and you see me at a match, please come up to me or Hazel, we would be very grateful. All Donators will get a mention on the blog.


www.supportdogs.org.uk



Saturday 5 July 2014

ALBION PUT IN A OLYMPIC DISPLAY

Pre Season Friendly
NOTTINGHAM UNITED FC 1 NETHERFIELD ALBION FC 10


When I saw this pre season, it didn't really stand out, but what did was the venue, Chilwell Olympic. AFC Beeston have used this venue in the past but I missed out them playing there, so after a couple of phone calls to both of todays clubs, my mind was made up.
 
Both clubs are friendly enough so didn't expect anything of a bad game and on route, I got a phone call from Leicester based hopper and fellow blogger Rob Campion who met up with me just before kick off. We were soon joined for a chat by two stunt men who tried legging across a busy dual carriage way after having popped in to a local pub, glad to say that Brian Buck and his mate safely dodged the cars to arrive at the venue.
 
The first few chances went to Nottingham United but didn't really test the Albion keeper, after that it was fairly one way traffic as Netherfield broke and scored at regular intervals, so much that at half time I had tweeted the wrong score..Good job todays Referee and Nottingham United Secretary was there to correct me. Must point out, this is the first time I have seen Martin ref and he did a excellent job.
 
Nottingham United players towards the end let their heads drop and one of them walked off the pitch to leave his side with just ten players, sportingly a ex Nottingham United player who now plays for Netherfield Vets and had ten minutes for Albion this afternoon swopped his shirt and put on the green shirt of Nottingham United.
 
So my first Pre season match sees 11 goals and nets £2.75 in to the Charity Pot taking the total to £12.75p
 
If you enjoy Non League Football and are on Facebook, then why not join my facebook group...here is the link
 
Here are the photos from todays match
 
NOTTINGHAM UNITED FC WEBSITE
 
NETHERFIELD ALBION FC WEBSITE/TWITTER
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.