A BIT ABOUT THE CHARITY BLOG


Each year, me and my wife Hazel have decided to help a Charity, by donating 25p every goal we see at the matches we attend. Over the years, people and clubs have also donated as we have visited the grounds and we have raised over £2,300 in the 3 seasons we have run the Blog.
During the 2014-15 season, we are supporting "Support Dogs" who train Dogs to transform lives of people with Autism and other disabilities. So if you would like to make a donation(no matter how small) and you see me at a match, please come up to me or Hazel, we would be very grateful. All Donators will get a mention on the blog.


www.supportdogs.org.uk



Wednesday 16 July 2014

LATE GOAL SINKS YOUNG LIONS

Pre Season Friendly
GLAPWELL FC 1 HEANOR TOWN RESERVES/U21's 0
played at Doe Lea
 
Wasn't sure if I was going to a match, as with my mum staying for a week, we went on a day trip to Melton Mowbray and Loughborough, so it all depended on what time we got back and then I would have a look what was on. On Sunday, I got a message from Glapwell Programme Editor/Websiteman/Press Officer Paul to say that their match V Heanor had been switched from Palterton to Doe Lea and it was a 7pm kick off. This was food for thought as it was a new ground for me.
 
The coach from the day trip arrived back on Debdale Lane at 6pm and Hazel was there to meet us and it was to Doe Lea we headed, but amongst the houses, there was no sign of the ground, until we saw a car turn up a dirt track and there in the bowl was the pitch with changing rooms, not a bad little set up for a sunday ground.
 
As I went to set my camera up, I realised that I had forgotten my spare battery and my battery in the camera had run out, so no photos today!
 
The game kicked off and the teams had agreed with a roll on roll off subs match, as Glapwell had about 25 players to give a run out to, whilst the Lions had about 17. It was Glapwell who began the brighter of the two sides going close to taking the lead but for the young keeper in the Heanor net who was playing a blinder. Heanor broke a lot on the right wing and they had a fast skilful young number 7 who was teasing the Glapwell defence with his speedy runs and crosses, but sadly his other forwards didn't have the luck of creating the chances.
 
The Second Half saw lots of changes, but it was Heanor who began the Second Half the better, forcing a good save from the Glapwell keeper, but Glapwell came more in to the game and the Young Lions Keeper(man of the match) kept the score at 0-0 with at least 4 excellent saves and blocks.
 
As the game looked as if I was going to witness my 1st 0-0 draw in over 3 and a half seasons, a forward pass from the Glapwell midfield took a deflection and ended up at the feet of JAMES WHITFIELD to round the keeper and tap the ball home after 87 minutes.
 
So after watching 4 matches,  I have seen 18 goals and the charity pot now stands at £26.50 towards the Support Dogs Charity.
 
If you enjoy Non League Football and are on Facebook, then why not join my facebook group...here is the link
 
GLAPWELL FC WEBSITE/TWITTER
 
HEANOR TOWN FC WEBSITE/TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.