A BIT ABOUT THE CHARITY BLOG


Each year, me and my wife Hazel have decided to help a Charity, by donating 25p every goal we see at the matches we attend. Over the years, people and clubs have also donated as we have visited the grounds and we have raised over £2,300 in the 3 seasons we have run the Blog.
During the 2014-15 season, we are supporting "Support Dogs" who train Dogs to transform lives of people with Autism and other disabilities. So if you would like to make a donation(no matter how small) and you see me at a match, please come up to me or Hazel, we would be very grateful. All Donators will get a mention on the blog.


www.supportdogs.org.uk



Saturday 27 September 2014

STALEMATE AT THE KINGSWAY

Notts Senior League
Division One
ASHLAND ROVERS FC 0 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE FC 0
 
We left Cornwall at 7am and headed for the M5 hoping for a clear run to get near to home as possible so I could catch a local game, all was well and had Breakfast at the Harvester just outside Bromsgrove. The motorways was clear as a bell and I fancied going to see Ashland Rovers today for a few reasons, one I'd never seen them on their new ground where they are to hold the Friday Evening game on this season's Notts Senior League Groundhop, which Advanced Tickets and coach tickets are selling very well(see below for link), secondly, I'd never seen Nottinghamshire FC play in a League game before(seen them with Tony Squires from Heanor Town in a pre season friendly once).
 
I arrived at 1pm and went to the park café for a cuppa before the players began to arrive and I got a programme when John Dawn, the Chairman/Secretary arrived and he also provided me with the teams so I could tweet the goals as they went in..mmm not today folks!
 
The game was a keen contest with both sides beginning the day on 10 points, the whole game saw both sides cancel each other out, with very few opportunities towards goalmouth action.
 
The first half saw the visitors have the best two chances with Devan Merryweather being equal to Simon Betts in a one on one situation on both occasions.
 
The Second half saw the better chances fall to Ashland but they failed to  find the net due to some excellent goalkeeping  by visiting keeper Scott Coxon.
 
Well that ends my 4 year wait of a 0-0 draw, so hopefully where ever I go next week, I will see a few goals go in to the onion bag..who knows?
 
Photos from todays game can be seen on this LINK
 
ASHLAND ROVERS FC WEBSITE/TWITTER
 
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE FC WEBSITE/FACEBOOK
 
The BLOGS Charity "Support Dogs" which aids people with disabilities, with no goals scored at this game takes the total to £186.62
 
If you enjoy Non League Football, then why not join my Non League Football Facebook Group of over 3,000 members, please just click this LINK
 
Information and booking form for the Notts Senior League Groundhop can be found on this LINK
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.