A BIT ABOUT THE CHARITY BLOG


Each year, me and my wife Hazel have decided to help a Charity, by donating 25p every goal we see at the matches we attend. Over the years, people and clubs have also donated as we have visited the grounds and we have raised over £2,300 in the 3 seasons we have run the Blog.
During the 2014-15 season, we are supporting "Support Dogs" who train Dogs to transform lives of people with Autism and other disabilities. So if you would like to make a donation(no matter how small) and you see me at a match, please come up to me or Hazel, we would be very grateful. All Donators will get a mention on the blog.


www.supportdogs.org.uk



Wednesday 29 October 2014

SHINERS SHOCK SHIREBROOK

Derbyshire Senior Cup
First Round
SOUTH NORMANTON AFC 1 SHIREBROOK TOWN FC 0
 
Always good to go to Lees Lane to see old friends at South Normanton and tonight a fair few local celebs were in force. On the gate was Normo's Chairman Phil Bailey who was happy as usual to see me and take me money and then Secretary and Programme Editor Steve Harris.
 
I entered the Shiners Bar, where I cut the tape some years ago with Phil Bailey and had a couple of pints pre match and got talking to a few local hoppers and even sold 3 Advanced Nots Senior League Groundhop Tickets and 2 sets of Badges.
 
Outside I stepped for the kick off and had a chat with Clipstone Chairman Brett Marshall and Mr Clipstone Barry Clarke who has been quite poorly of late, so it was great to see the 74 year old looking so well and back on his feet.
 
The game kicked off and it was very even with chances at both ends, but as the game went on, it was the home side that was going closer. After 39 minutes, SHANE NEWTON fired them in to a 1-0 lead.
 
Half time came and I joined the queue in the tea bar for my pie and chips and a cuppa Oxo which went down well. The Second Half kicked off and I stood with Heanor Town's Scott Ward and Barry Clarke.
 
The game seemed to die out with passes going astray by both teams and hardly any chances, I think the majority of the crowd were just glad it didn't go in to extra time.
 
SOUTH NORMANTON AFC WEBSITE/TWITTER
 
SHIREBROOK TOWN FC WEBSITE/TWITTER
 
The BLOGS Charity "Support Dogs" which aids people with disabilities, with the one goal and £10 donation made by Michael Pridgeon takes the total to £288.25
 
If you enjoy Non League Football, then why not join my Non League Football Facebook Group of over 3,000 members, please just click this LINK
 
Five Games, Five Grounds, Five Programmes just £15..Great value..The NOTTS SENIOR LEAGUE GROUNDHOP..read now on think LINK
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.