A BIT ABOUT THE CHARITY BLOG


Each year, me and my wife Hazel have decided to help a Charity, by donating 25p every goal we see at the matches we attend. Over the years, people and clubs have also donated as we have visited the grounds and we have raised over £2,300 in the 3 seasons we have run the Blog.
During the 2014-15 season, we are supporting "Support Dogs" who train Dogs to transform lives of people with Autism and other disabilities. So if you would like to make a donation(no matter how small) and you see me at a match, please come up to me or Hazel, we would be very grateful. All Donators will get a mention on the blog.


www.supportdogs.org.uk



Sunday 8 February 2015

THE LIONS ROAR TO VICTORY

NCEL PREMIER DIVISION
 
HEANOR TOWN FC 3 LIVERSEDGE FC 1
att: 131
 
For some time now, Ive been invited to the Town Ground by Tony Squires and Scott Ward and with Hazel going away to watch the ballet for the week up in Scotland and the kind offer of the lift home by Scott Ward, I felt I really should take up this offer. Hazel dropped me and my 10 year old son Shawn off outside the clubhouse and we went in, the first person to greet me was old friend Keith Costello who bought me a pint and told me that the club had named a stand after him.
 
Scott arrived and gave me a programme and told me that there was a ticket on the gate. At the gate, I mentioned my name and the chap said "I know that name from a long tome ago at Arnold Town" It was to be Mr Baker(Heanor Town's Keeper who started his career at Arnold Town in the late 1990's. As I walked through the turnstiles, me and Shawn were met by Trish, a lovely lady who I had known from Blidworth FC and now does the hospitality with other ladies here at Heanor and then Tony Squires gave me a free teamsheet.
 
The game kicked off and I stood with Tony during the First Half, with the game a bit of hoofing and puffing but not much too offer apart from one scrambled effort by the vistors to which Baker was equal to low down saving.
 
At Half Time, we were welcomed in the hospitality cabin, where Tony has a little club shop and Shawn came away with a chip sannie and a piece of cake, the lovely friendly Trish made me a lovely black tea, whilst I had a chat with the Liversedge followers.
 
Out for the Second Half and the football picked up and Heanor were on the front foot with a couple of decent efforts including a double save by the visiting keeper. On 55 minutes, the Lions were awarded a free kick some 35 yards out and up stepped SAMUEL JONES who fired a low drive in to the bottom corner of the net to make it 1-0.
 
On 64 minutes, a bit of a scramble in the Liversedge box, saw the ball come out to SEAN GREGORY who fired home his first goal for the club after his recent move from Notts Senior League Club Selston FC to double Heanor's advantage.
 
Heanor looked comfortable and took their foot off the gas, but were caught out by a long ball out of the Liversedge defence and JOEL FARRER cut in from the wing and reduced the arrears to 2-1.
 
This sparked Heanor back in to life and they stepped up their game again and on 81 minute, NATHAN BERGER wrapped up the points to make it 3-1.
 
A very friendly club Heanor Town FC are and well worthy of a visit, they have done quite a bit of ground improvements in the past couple of years and the programme that is produced is one of the best Ive seen for quite a long time.
 
I'd like to thank Scott Ward who gave me and Shawn a lift home and kindly donated £5 from the club to this Blogs Charity, so with the 4 goals scored as well takes the total up to £363.00
 
Here is the LINK to the Photos
 
HEANOR TOWN FC WEBSITE/TWITTER
 
LIVERSEDGE FC WEBSITE
 
If you enjoy Non League Football, then why not join the 3600 members of my Non League Football Facebook  Group..Just click this LINK
 
JUST 11 WEEKS NOW to the NOTTS SENIOR LEAGUE GROUNDHOP..Book your tickets now..check out this LINK for all details and booking form or email me please on hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk
 
The NOTTS FA are looking for Nominations for Volunteer of the Year, if you would like to nominate me, please click on this LINK to find out how..many thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.